Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Some Things I'm (Sam) Noticing




Here are some things I’ve been noticing on our trip so far:

- At the National Parks, actually everywhere we’ve been, there are not many kids just mostly older people.
- There are lots of large wildlife (bison, horned sheep) and I’m so glad to be seeing them.
- I’ve discovered I really like having pancakes and oatmeal every morning for breakfast.
- It takes a lot of work and time to set up and take down camp so Mom and Dad don’t have enough time to play sports with me. If I help them, there is more time though so I’m working on that.
- The thin air on the top of mountains makes it quicker for me to run out of breath when hiking or running.
- By working on the Junior Ranger program, I feel I’m learning a lot more about the parks(and there is a lot of writing and drawing involved.)
- The landscape shifts very suddenly from forest to prairie to mountains to dessert and all back again as you drive through North America. It makes for a very interesting drive.
- I prefer sleeping in a sleeping bag rather than a blanket. In fact, I REALLY love my sleeping bag. 
- Reading on the e-reader is good which surprises me. I like how many more books you can put on it than you can fit in your backpack. Also, you can read in the dark!

1 comment:

  1. I always found it peculiar how many old folks were at national parks and other tourists sites Sam, that's hilarious. I also found it neat when I was driving from California to the Grand Canyon how quickly the landscape changed.
    All sounds awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete